There are newer employer reviews for Bullhorn

excellent SaaS company with strong engineering organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn

Pros

Bullhorn is a smart and growing company with an exciting product. They have some interesting technical challenges and smart people working on them. The company has great prospects.

Cons

As with any growing, late stage startup company, they operate at a fast pace, and that isn't for everybody. It's also a highly collaborative environment that isn't a match for someone who likes to work independently without interaction with others.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Bullhorn (View Most Recent)

Poor management. Employees are treated as a commodity if anything else

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn

Pros

Work with cutting edge technology. Definitely work with some smart developers.

Cons

Management is sloppy and slipshod. Very little feedback is given to the employee on how they are doing in regards to their work. Management is also very disrespectful towards their employees. HR does very little to resolve issues.
    Verify fast paced environment. Expect to put in long hours with little if no recognition for your hard work.
    They also PI (Predicative Index) their employees, both existing and new. This is really a tool for management to weed out employees regardless on how well they perform or how dedicated they are to the company and its vision.

Bullhorn claims they wish to retain their talent, but the first step in retaining talent is to examine management, or lack thereof, and correct issues.
    People skills or just basic respect of employees would be a great start.
    Also recognizing employee contributions.would also be great.

Recognition for strong performance and excellent growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn

Pros

I joined Bullhorn right out of college and it's a fantastic place to start a career. If you like a fast paced, growing and evolving environment this is the right place to be. Some pros:
    -work hard, play hard culture. Being that we are still small, everyone has a vested interest in moving the success of the company forward and we work hard to achieve joint success. With that, employees are given many perks: free lunch and breakfast every week, happy hour once a month, and twice yearly offsite events.
    -opportunities for growth. Bullhorn strongly encourages hiring from within before we look for outside candidates to fill open positions, leaving the opportunity for career development within the company. Managers are supportive of moving not only within their own department but also between other departments in the company.
    -supportive career development. My manager has acted as a mentor as I grow into my career and establish myself within the profession, providing me with opportunities to utilize outside resources to grow and learn.
    -strong growth and industry presence. With sustained growth of around 40% per year the past 6 years, Bullhorn is innovative in our offerings and constantly looking to implement new technologies into our two products.

Overall, a year and a half in, Bullhorn has been the perfect place for me to establish myself being a recent college grad and move into a career that I had never even considered before. I look forward to coming to work everyday for what new challenges the day might bring.

Cons

-Very fast paced, often times difficult to keep up with if you aren't willing to be flexible
    -Some managers can be a bit ambiguous about performance issues so make sure to establish that dynamic at the beginning and ensure lines of communication are always open between you and your manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Bullhorn

Worked for Bullhorn? Contribute to the Community!