The people are amazing, and if you put in the effort, there are many development opportunities.

I have been working at Burcham Hills Retirement Community part-time

Pros

Strengths-based leadership- means that your position or combination thereof can be tailored to your strengths.

Cons

It's a non-profit, so the pay may not be quite as high as competitors.

Take more initiative to show front-line employees that management cares.

Other Reviews for Burcham Hills Retirement Community

Not Just a Nursing Home

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Burcham Hills Retirement Community part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked as floor staff for many years and find that this is NOT just a nursing home. The staff pitch in and help out when they can, and administration seems to care about the residents and the employees. Pay is decent and the training is good. I feel that if I am having a problem or need more training, there is always someone that I can ask. I think having a receptionist on the first floor has been a HUGE help and that once they found the right person, it has been a positive experience for visitors.

Cons

The pay is decent, but is it ever enough?

Keep training the staff on important issues, like emergency response, fire drills and care skills. This just ads to the reasons that I stay with the organization.

Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Current Employee - Nurse - RN  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Nurse - RN in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Burcham Hills Retirement Community full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team work. Everyone pitches in to help get the best care provided for our residents. The Administrator even helps out answering call bells and making beds. People have fun and enjoy interacting with one another. The management offers a lot of training opportunities to keep our skills at top notch. The 1st floor is modern and well run.

Cons

I would like to work more hours, but I realize that it is necessary for the company to manage overtime.

Keep up the good work on strengthening the skillset of the nursing staff, as they greatly appreciate the effort. The staff enjoys the open door policy of the managers, and the culture of encouragement.

There are newer employer reviews for Burcham Hills Retirement Community.

Worked for Burcham Hills Retirement Community? Contribute to the Community!