Burchfield Group

www.burchfieldgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Burchfield Group

Run!

I have been working at Burchfield Group

Pros

The office is fairly new and in a nice office park
The break room has some nice amenities like a ping pong table and TV

Cons

Upper management and senior employees all quit and took all of their knowledge with them
There are almost no employees that have been here for more than 2 years
The CEO focuses on one piece of the business and neglects the rest
Health care costs are very high
The companies financial situation is unclear and constantly changing

Be honest with the employees about financial problems
Take better care of your employees
Stop writing fake reviews on this site to make the company sound better

12 Other Employee Reviews for Burchfield Group (View Most Recent)

New Hire Review

I have been working at Burchfield Group

Pros

Salary is comparable with other companies of this size for job title.
    Above average benefit package with multiple options.
    Good retirement program with multiple options and some company matching. This is unusual for a company of this size.
    Company sponsored events including golf outings, cook off, project team celebrations.
    Work is interesting and allows me to expand my experience levels across multiple areas.
    Very busy, and clearly the company is growing.
    New staff being added to help with current workload. The workload is heavy, but new staff members are being added.
    New H/R team in place.
    New goal setting review process in place.
    Flexible summer hour work schedule. Have the ability to work from home when needed/required.
    Better than average tele-community options.
    Able to express options and have them be considered for process improvement.
    Better than normal lunch area with ping pong table, Wii and big screen TV.
    Free coffee, intro parties for new hires and monthly birthday celebrations.

Cons

Very busy and little time to catch breath before needing to move onto next task.
    A lot of new company wide processes being put in place. Creating a lot of change in a short period of time.
    Staffing levels are not always in step with workload. Need to improve on hiring staff quicker and allowing them to get properly trained.
    Travel requires use of personnel credit card. Would like to see use of company credit card.
    Would like to see more training opportunities.

Provide more training opportunities.
    More 1/1 time with review of work assignment, work from home options, and PTO options.
    Increase staffing to better match work requirements.

Great place to work; fun people and challenging work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Burchfield Group

Pros

Great people to work with. They are very helpful, knowledgeable and fun.
    Challenging work assignments. I like being challenged on my job and my supervisor gives me recognition for my contributions and my abilities.
    Management keeps their promises; everything I was told during my interviews was true. I have had no surprises. Management is friendly and available if I have questions. I am able to share my ideas and I feel listened to.
    Very talented people to work with. It makes my day interesting and I always am learning something new.
    In the lunch room they have a ping pong table and a large flat screen TV so employees can relax and have fun over their lunch breaks. The best thing about Burchfield Group is the great people I work with!
    I like being able to work independently but also like the team assignments.

Cons

Smaller company but everyone pitches in to get the job done. I don't think this is a con.
    Some growing pains like needing more people, but it seems like that is changing as several new people have started over the last few months. Other than that, everything else is very good. No complaints.

I think it would be fun to have a company outing like bowling or some other activity soon. Everyone works so hard in my department that an outing during this busy time would be appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Burchfield Group