Burger King

www.burgerking.com
  www.burgerking.com
There are newer employer reviews for Burger King

A good part-time job while in school.

Current Employee - Team Member in Lawrenceville, GA
Current Employee - Team Member in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Burger King

Pros

Burger King was a great part-time job while in school because my boss is flexible with hours. She understands that I can't work very much during school. But I could get all the hours I needed / wanted when I don't have school (summer / Christmas).

I started as a Front-counter specialist, after I got comfortable with that, they started putting me on the Drive-thru. I asked to learn the kitchen, and they trained me for it. I then became an official: "Jack of all Trades" which let me get more hours, because I don't have a defined role, I can do what ever they need me to do.

Cons

Like most fast-food type jobs it does not pay well.
There are not a whole lot of opportunities for promotions unless you can become an Hourly Shift Coordinator.
It can get stressful, because there is pressure from the corporate level to meet goals like drive-thru times, and many customers do not care about that, and some of them can be rude.

The corporate level management needs to be more understanding of the stress that the team members have to go to.
Honestly, sometimes it seems like they are trying to make our lives harder.

769 Other Employee Reviews for Burger King (View Most Recent)

Bad

Former Employee - Crew Member in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Burger King

Pros

the best reasons to work at burger king is that fact that you get free food, flexible schedule, and in general the people there are nice and down to ear. but one bad manager there can make your life hell.

Cons

some of the downsides to working at burger king is that it is slow, so alright not doing much but standing around sounds fun. it gets boring after awhile, managers can be bad. also, the biggest upset i had about burger king is that there is no chance for raises or promotions for emloyees

find a way to make it so that employees get some reason to work harder or faster. As of right now, there is no chance to get a raise at burger king. people who have worked there 20 years still get paid minimum wage and that is upsetting to me.

A horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Erie, PA

I worked at Burger King

Pros

The pay was good. thats it.

Cons

Everything else was really bad.

Kiss butt and you will get ahead, they seem to want people who will break easy and comform to being a drone to their store.

There are newer employer reviews for Burger King