Burger King
www.burgerking.com Miami, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company gone wrong...

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsDecent pay, paid vacation and holiday time, still have health benefits.

ConsNo raises for two years, reduced holiday time, changed health plan to one with a high deductibles to even get Rx, penny pinching while paying Stars lots of money to advertise new menu. Selling corporate stores to franchisee means they work you to death to save every penny they can. Myself and six other GM's were forced to work 6 and 7 straight 12 hours days the week before selling our district to Carrol's while they paid us our normal 5 day/50 hour work week pay. New DM's are rude and treat people like property they own instead of people. BKC has no phone numbers to call anyone anymore, and everything including health benefits must done through an email that takes two days or more to get any response.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make your money at the expense of the people running your stores, we have families and lives outside of your stores. Forcing people to work extra hours and days while threatening people's jobs while making them work 74 to 86 hours in a week is beyond cruel. Great company going in the wrong direction, and when your own HR department says they cannot do anything because these directives come from real high up, that means it's the people running the company. DM's say McDonald's is always hiring, guess what, thinking about submitting my resume to them after I type this!

personal development

Hourly Shift Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Salem, NH

I worked at Burger King full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Make u more responsible, teach how to solve problems with customers and employees,… Cons: low payment, a lot of stress, long hours, work all holidays, have to put request 2 weeks before. No benefits even if… Advice to Senior Management: to solve labor and salary problems No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I loved working there.

Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Burger King

Pros: The franchise i work for is family grown and owned and they treat you like family… Cons: The hours that sometimes you have to work because people call in can be overwhelming and also… Advice to Senior Management: The bosses are amazing and they lead the general managers very well. Only thing i… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Burger King.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burger King reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burger King CEO Daniel Schwartz. All reviews posted anonymously by Burger King employees.