There are newer employer reviews for Burger King

Exactly what you think it will be like...

Current Employee - Cook  in  Geneseo, NY
Current Employee - Cook in Geneseo, NY

I have been working at Burger King part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are lucky enough to have decent managers and friendly co-workers, it can be pretty enjoyable. Good experience for first job. Gives you appreciation for workers in the food-service industry.

Cons

You will come home every day smelling disgusting, especially if you have to clean the friers. Skills learned here aren't really transferable. You will likely have to deal with unfriendly customers.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Burger King (View Most Recent)

Shift supervisor

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  River Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in River Falls, WI

I worked at Burger King part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, some good customer interactions, hours are flexible (depending on the store)

Cons

Lack of promotion due to franchise, poor pay, not enough evaluations, will be expected to do everything, depending on management, may have to deal with some harassment

Give employees more autonomy and respect

When there's nothing better available.....

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Burger King part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro I have for working here are the people you work with. Working for a fast food place can be a soul sucking experience if you don't have good co-workers. That's it. Except it's the only job you can get when you're 16.

Cons

I worked there for almost 2 years and never got a raise, this includes when I was "promoted" to a shift lead. I had more responsibility for the same pay. I also had extremely horrible store managers, one was stealing from the drawers and another was so useless I ended up doing her work for her. It seems they will promote anyone.

Make sure to promote people who will actually do good for your company and pay them well enough where they will actually work and want to stay.

There are newer employer reviews for Burger King

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!