The Corporate Management Trainee is misleading and built on empty promises

Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL

I have been working at Burger King full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Miami is a beautiful city to live in, HQ very close to the airport
*Peers your own age, lots of young people straight out of college

Cons

*Very demanding culture, zero tolerance policy for making mistakes
*Long hours, most people work an average of 60 hours a week
*Mediocre pay, benefits keep getting cut
*Extremely high turnover rate, people are fired on a regular basis, others get fed up and quit
*You are promised upward mobility/quick promotions, in reality, once the directors and managers get fired, analysts then take on their work to cut cost
*Lacks high-level quantitative analysis in all areas/functions, current methods are inadequate

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and maybe the turnover rate won't be so high...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Do your due diligence - Talk to other MTPs.

Former Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL

I worked at Burger King full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Creating strong bonds with other MTPs
    - Miami is a beautiful city for temporary living (wouldn't do it for long term)

Cons

3G Capital corporate culture is extremely cutthroat. I am a hard worker and a very competitive person but when it comes to this culture, it's mentally and physically draining. I work over 60 -70 hours a week with no extra compensation. Upward mobility as the company promised does not actually happen here since they are always trying to cut people and make the lower guy do all the work. Definitely talk to some of the trainees from the program before you sign up for this job as HR will LIE to you. Ever wonder why HR won't let you talk to the current trainees? The only people they let you talk to are in the HR department since they already have everything choreographed.
    If you were my friend, I would recommend that you stay away from the program and the company. You are basically fearing when you will be let go next. The saying at BK is, "It's not a matter of IF you get let go, but WHEN you get let go" Leaving the company was a blessing.

Advice to Management

Don't mislead your employees. Treat them with respect and give them what they deserve.

Don't expect much from Burger King

Current Employee - Crew Member in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Burger King part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My fellow crew members are all pretty nice and easy to work with and get along with. Some work harder than others, though.

Cons

low pay, no raises or reviews. I have worked at Burger King Part time for almost two years. I make minimum wage, and have not received one review or raise in the time I have been there. no guarantee of steady amount of hours. If they see you work hard, they take advantage of you, expect you to do more and more. Preferental treatment of employees. It is so blatently obvious how little corporate care for their employees. We can't get raises because we keep getting told that there is a freeze on raises, yet Burger King continues to make profits. Managers get bonuses and free meals. Crew members, who make less money, have to pay half price for meals and get no bonuses after doing most of the work. Yes, it's a fast food joint, but that doesn't mean the employees should be treated with indifference and disrespect.

Advice to Management

Pay fair wages, for crying out loud. Be more consistent and fair when creating the work schedule. i told management I could work up to four days a week, so now I am only getting two. Be fair and expect all employees to do their share of the work.