Burlington Coat Factory

www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com
  www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Okay job for students or temporary work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Fort Wayne, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory

Pros

When the hours were available, you could get them.
If you needed time off they were understanding.
The management was friendly and compassionate.
If you are a student they work well around schedules.
The job itself was decent.

Cons

During the down season there weren't a lot of hours.
Terrible pay. Starts at minimum wage and the raises are few and small.
Not much opportunity for promotion.
Job CAN get stressful/

481 Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory (View Most Recent)

It's a job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory

Pros

Most of the coworkers are okay, we get along well. There are some exceptionally great people that work there. We get holiday pay, but you also have to work most holidays. Most jobs are part-time, so if you're looking for that, it's okay. Most benefits are only for eligible full-timers.

Cons

There is plenty of favoritism, and those employees that do little but suck up to management reap the most rewards. There is not much room for advancement. The benefits are not available for most of the employees due to their being only part-time. If you were hired before all the cuts were made (about 4 years ago), you were lucky enough to get vacation time, and allowed to contribute to a 401(k). There does not seem to be much direction from upper management, except for when they make a visit and tell us how some things should be moved. We are "required" as cashiers to ask for phone #'s, but they say its optional for the customer. We are graded in our reviews according to store loss, store sales, and survey results. We have a terrible customer base because they carry cheap clothing and urban wear, and it attracts the thieves and riff-raff. I agree with another review that said they should stop opening new stores and fix the ones they have. Our store is OLD, with old carpet, old air conditioning that doesn't work most of the time, and it looks crappy. We have been told, every year, that we will move, or get a new store. It hasn't happened yet. I've been there 6 years.

Upgrade the merchandise. Quit selling the stuff they want to steal (urban wear). Get better loss prevention. Pay attention to the employees that do work, and do not reward the ones that only appear to. Make the hours and wages fair for the work done. Management should NOT be able to hire their own family members as associates. Maybe implement some way to have employees grade each other so there is less favoritism by management.

stressful

Current Employee - Markdown in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Markdown in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory

Pros

The time that I have assigned.

Cons

No growth expectations as a professional working to BFC or any other opportunities to achieve greater job.

Take any course as treating employees equally and be fair withthe decisions and be more human. Not because they are leaders we mean that they are superior to you as a person.

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory