There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Reenergized Career

Current Employee - Executive Level Associate in Burlington, NJ
Current Employee - Executive Level Associate in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Supportive work environment. Company is striving to become an employer of choice. Professionals from many different companies are hired based upon not only experience and past success, but also personality and character traits that match the organizational goals and objectives, and core values of Burlington. Wide open door policy. Opportunity for growth here is immense. The teams the thing!

Cons

It is a good con to have, but...there is a lot of change going on at Burlington. So, there is a lot of disruption and plans may change often. The field management teams are settling in, but consistency between regions/territory should be improved and accountabilities made stronger. Other than that, this company is one of the best things to happen to my career.

Continue to drive operational consistensies to the corporate and field teams. Hold all managers accountable in their evaluations not only for sales, but for training requirements, operational metrics, loss prevention performance, health and safety, and even turnover, Also, I would advise slowing down a bit with new initiatives until we can get the current ones inplemented and settled. Otherwise, great job leading our company!

reviews filtered by
  1. cashier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time (more than a year)

Pros

being able to work all areas of the store and getting trained on registers wether you are a cashier or not.

Cons

having to clean up after customers who throw things on the ground. not having enough cashiers working when we become busy.

2. they will try to kill your spirit

Former Employee - Level Manager in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Level Manager in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

it was close to home

Cons

they make you feel like you are in an abusive relationship constantly putting you down no mentoring from level manager

learn to live your core values

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory