Burlington Coat Factory

Mixed feelings

Current Employee - Associate  in  Plainfield, IN
Current Employee - Associate in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is easy and you learn a lot on how things are done. Your co.workers are cheery and very happy to lend a hand. You are elgible for insurance when you work 3.5 hours a day.

Cons

The pay is very minimum. All positions, beside supervisors and management is part time. They will let you work over but it is all straight time. If you decide you want another position then they will not let you change again, and if you do and you don't make it in that position they will fire you instead of placing you back in the position you came from.

Remember you are working with people who may have family outside the work. Communication is is very important. Change is good. Especially for people who is just learningthe retail business.

466 Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory (View Most Recent)

it only gets worse

Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation  in  Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Merchandise Presentation in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, health insurance is a little expensive. 401k, plus 4 weeks vacation after 10 years.

Cons

I get no time with my family. All my time is spent at work, and traveling. There are times when i am gone (between work and travel time) 16 hours a day. None of my personal responsibilities are ever considered. Job descriptions change on a moments notice. Lay-offs are often and you are always fearful of losing your job. There are good positions within the company, however mine is not one of them and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. My life has been put on hold for this company and there are few individuals who actually appreciate the hard work.

SOME nice people, but primarily a mismanaged mess! Stay Away!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time

Pros

Some very nice people. Lots of smiles even though everyone is suffering. I got paid pretty well, though they purposely gave bad reviews to people because earnings were so bad and they looked for an excuse to save the money.

Cons

Totally mismanaged organization that works you to death. Corporate structure is a disaster, everyone is afraid to make a decision, sales growth is non-existent and spending is out of control. If you like to spin your wheels, pull your hair out, and then get a poor review because they don't want to pay you your entire bonus that you clearly earned, then this is the place for you. A number of inexperienced people in high places that can determine your fate too. People here will slit your throat and leave you for dead.

Restructure the organization & get new people in there at the top. Otherwise the earnings & employee morale will continue to suffer.

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!