Burlington Coat Factory
www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com Burlington, NJ 5000+ Employees

Extreme micromanagement..lack of talent management...low salaries

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people are very friendly

ConsIf you want to feel like you are being babysat, this is the job for you. There is such extreme micro managing going on in this place that salaried employees might as well punch a time clock. The talent management process is non existent even though they tell you how much they thrive on growth and development. There is no work/life balance and work from home, summer hours etc are highly frowned upon. I think so many employees have been here so long it's all they know..and don't realize how well other companies promote growth and allow there employees flexibility. You will have culture shock when you leave this company..but it will be for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to overhaul management. If senior managers are consistently earning poor scores on employee surveys, why are they still there? Put them on a performance plan or get rid of them...it's not working.

they will try to kill your spirit

Level Manager (Former Employee)
Trenton, NJ

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: it was close to home Cons: they make you feel like you are in an abusive… Advice to Senior Management: learn to live your core values No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

cashier

Henderson, NV

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros: being able to work all areas of the store and… Cons: having to clean up after customers who throw things on… More

There are newer reviews on Burlington Coat Factory.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burlington Coat Factory CEO Tom Kingsbury. All reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees.