Burlington Coat Factory
www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com Burlington, NJ 5000+ Employees

They don't know what they want to be!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Murray, UT

ProsThe company has great potential to be a good place to work and possibly have a career. In many cases there are great people working there.

ConsThe company hires senior staff from Macy's and hopes to improve the image and operation by using those standards. There is no trust of that management at store level and the constant worry about getting fired, laid off or your hours cut is so stressing that the turnover is very high. The company has a policy of customer service at any cost but does not follow through with providing the stores the tools to make this happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on what kind of company this should be. Let the stores do more to manage the store and promote sales, customer service and employee satisfaction. Stop the "raiding" by regional staff and promote a more favorable work relationship between the stores and regional management.

Great job and fun working

Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Newark, OH

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros: Employee recognition and time management Cons: Schedule, pay minimum wage, and long hours Advice to Senior Management: More on the job training Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun and laid-back

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Greenwood, IN

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros: If you want the least stressful job possible, Burlington Coat… Cons: The pay could be a little higher. Advice to Senior Management: Management was awesome, no complaints. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Burlington Coat Factory.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burlington Coat Factory CEO Tom Kingsbury. All reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees.