Burlington Coat Factory

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Fun Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone meets in the morning to say good morning to the rest of the crew and you really get to know your coworkers and it helps you enjoy the work environment. Not stressful at all and you can advance in the company if you work hard. I worked in two different stores. One location was awesome and the other one was a disaster.

Cons

The company makes large payroll cuts and sometimes this hurts the ability for all customers to leave happy. Its a revolving problem because they (like all other retailers) rely on customer feedback to praise the employees but when the numbers come back with mad customers they tell the employees it was their fault.... when really we just never had enough help.

Make sure your store is clean! And at least let the employees understand that you know part of the problem is payroll cutbacks.

532 Other Employee Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory (View Most Recent)

not the place I would send anyone I liked to work for....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

none at this partiular facility exeption some of the hourly people

Cons

no real direction, store manager is a lazy office manager, never out on the floor except before he leaves so he can make a list for someone else to complete, if he likes you you can pretty much do what ever you want but if you have asked questions or have concerns about how things should work or ask for direction and or help you r and issue and will soon find your full time status taken away or schedule hours cut, very inconsistent with the staff, show favortisum with white employees vs minorities.

need to get this manager to some Diversity training, and get the lawyers tuned up this guy is a walking law suit!

Great internship program

Current Employee - Buying Intern in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Buying Intern in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Dynamic yet nurturing environment for young professionals

Cons

Doesn't appear to be much room for career advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Coat Factory