sounds like fun but, if you love your wife or your family keep looking for a better job and a better life

Current Employee - Conductor  in  Thayer, MO
Current Employee - Conductor in Thayer, MO

I have been working at Burlington Northern Santa Fe

Pros

Easy work and good pay if you live in a small town like me. you can go to work take a train to the away from home terminal and back and sometimes not even see a boss.

Cons

no family life. You think that you can manage but after a while you just cant keep up. you give up all the things you love one by one. you have no schedule and can't make plans because you are on call 24 7. and if you can live with that you should be ok.... until they lay you off without warning. I have been laid off and had to travel to keep a job with them. I have worked out of 16 different depots in the last 7 years and still don't know for sure where I will be a week from know.

start to care about people. not just stockholders but the employees and their family as well. there is plenty of room to treat us well and still make profits hand over fist. The lack of a good lineup or schedule has cost me everything I love to do with my family, church, school, and recreation ant those things are the primary reason to have a good job.

Other Reviews for Burlington Northern Santa Fe

horrible

Current Employee - I E O  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - I E O in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burlington Northern Santa Fe

Pros

getting a paycheck and geico discount

Cons

no sick days,no overtime after 40hrs,biweekly pay,seniority doesn't count for much,no clean up time,can't bid for days off according to seniority and job duties.

BNSF needs to pay better than a subcontractor.

bnsf railway

I have been working at Burlington Northern Santa Fe

Pros

the pros for working at bnsf railway are, good pay, great benefits package, relax working atmosphere and you make long life friends in the process.

Cons

cons are, irregular hours, cells phone surgically attached to your hip, on call 24/7, management can be a bit tedious at times,

my only advice to the management would be to cut us some slack. have some compassion, we work in every condition known to man.

There are newer employer reviews for Burlington Northern Santa Fe.

Worked for Burlington Northern Santa Fe? Contribute to the Community!