Burns & McDonnell

www.burnsmcd.com
  www.burnsmcd.com
There are newer employer reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Couldn't ask for a better job anywhere else!!

Current Employee - Executive Professional Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Executive Professional Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Burns & McDonnell full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Burns & Mac is the ESOP. 2nd is the culture. The people work as a team in my department. The work is rewarding. The year end bonuses are top-notch. No complaints about the benefits. And we have an awesome CEO.

Cons

We are required to work long hours. A few of the upper management have huge egos which can be frustrating at time. Business attire is so 1980's. Let's lose the ties and panty hose and close-toed shoes rules.

Management needs to step up and weed out the dead wood. Daycare would be a great addition to the benefits. I'd rather work longer days 4 days per week, and have 3 days off.

132 Other Employee Reviews for Burns & McDonnell (View Most Recent)

Incredible career growth and rewards/recognition for high performers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Burns & McDonnell full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very low turnover rate (less than 4%), pay for performance compensation structure, ESOP, excellent management, community involvement, steady organic growth and career development/opportunities are endless.

Cons

This is not an easy place to work...but it is the best place to work. It's a challenging, engaging company that has high standards. My guess is that many people who have poor reviews on glassdoor are the ones that either didn't make it or were low performers that didn't get the bonus they were 'entitled' to.

To be able to recruit top female talent in the engineering world, we need to have flex hours or the ability to telecommute. Some offices have this option, and we are getting there as an overall company, but it is taking longer than I prefer.

Great Company

Former Employee - Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern

I worked at Burns & McDonnell as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Employee-owned, which is very cool, even though it didn't benefit me much as an intern. The employee culture is great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Pay was very good for an internship, and they're definitely looking to hire people for full-time work. They are also growing as a company, and I think they have a great future ahead of them.

Cons

As an intern, I spent a good bit of time just twiddling my thumbs, waiting for work to do. That's the only real complaint I have though. When I had work to do, I thought it was interesting.

Keep on keepin' on.