There are newer employer reviews for Burns & McDonnell

B & Mc has a fantastic employee-owned concept, that offers an opportunity for associates to become owners!

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Burns & McDonnell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their employee-ownership format offers an opportunity for associates to become owners, and not just be "employees". The culture is truly one of doing what it takes to make YOUR business successful.

Cons

I don't know of any cons; I honestly enjoyed my time at Burns & McDonnell. They offer good career advancement, as well as other benefits through their employee-ownership program.

Continue giving your employees the opportunity to become owners, through your employee-ownership program. That develops a sense of ownership and pride that goes a long way in today's "employee vs employer" market!

reviews filtered by

Love the people... need more opportunity for growth...

I have been working at Burns & McDonnell

Pros

Flexibility and great work ethic

Cons

Less opportunity for administrative staff to equal engineer or project management salaries. Unless you are an engineer you do not have opportunity for growth.

Truly make this employeed owned. Salaries need to be consistant with job titles....and employees all deserve to share in profit and success not just upper management.

No fun culture and low pay

I worked at Burns & McDonnell full-time

Pros

There really were no pros. It was a job.

Cons

'No fun' culture. Work work work. Low salary. They try to sell their ESOP but that's only worthwhile if you plan to spend your entire career there. Very conservative company that's behind in the times.

There are newer employer reviews for Burns & McDonnell