Burns & Wilcox
www.burnsandwilcox.com Farmington Hills, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Assistant Underwriter

Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at Burns & Wilcox

ProsYou can learn a lot from the insurance industry by working for this company as they deal with all facets of insurance. Company also pays for continuing education.

ConsThere is a lot of work and not enough time to get them done in a normal working day despite how fast and efficient you are. The salaries are low.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe branch manager is very hands off and trust all employees are working hard. At the same time you are made aware of where you can improve.

For those with a competitive edge to win.

Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Burns & Wilcox

Pros: Their compensation is very aggressive. Mangers are flexible with time and strongly enforce personal growth. Company pays for all continuing education. … Cons: A large company so you have to work hard to get your name recognized. Smaller offices… Advice to Senior Management: More incentives. There needs to be more focus on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Run as Fast as you can

Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee)

I worked at Burns & Wilcox full-time for less than a year

Pros: You can get a job if you have an insurance… Cons: You will leave the job as soon as you can Underwriter is nothing but a sales agent Assistant's quote, bind, endorse and do the grunt work Underwriters will… Advice to Senior Management: Allow assistant underwriters to be able to report directly to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Burns & Wilcox.

Worked for Burns & Wilcox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burns & Wilcox reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burns & Wilcox CEO Alan Jay Kaufman. All reviews posted anonymously by Burns & Wilcox employees.