There are newer employer reviews for BuroHappold

Interesting work with interesting architects.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at BuroHappold

Pros

I get to work with premier architecture firms and on very interesting projects. The culture of the office is closer to an architecture firm than other engineering firms.

Cons

It appears that the price employees pay for working on interesting projects is that they are not compensated as highly as other firms.

38 Other Employee Reviews for BuroHappold (View Most Recent)

Buro Happold review from a mechanical engineer's point of view.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at BuroHappold

Pros

Three weeks of vacation standard. At Buro Happold, you work on some of the most interesting projects in the field. Opportunities to go abroad as well.

Cons

The pay at Buro Happold does not really compete with the rest of the field. Although the projects are interesting, there is little recognition of a job well done. They expect employees to work well more then 40 hours a week.

Although management tries to "get in touch" with the common workers at the office, there is a large gap between what the employees need and want, and the actions of the management. Morale would increase with only a small amount of effort and resources.

I found the company was mindful of it's employees and had a good work ethic.

Former Employee - Trainee Structural Technician  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Trainee Structural Technician in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at BuroHappold full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are considerate of those who work for them and offer many benefits. There is also the opportunity to work on many exciting and important projects.

Cons

I found their training schemes for those in trainee positions needed improvement, formalising and better organisation in general.

There are newer employer reviews for BuroHappold

Worked for BuroHappold? Contribute to the Community!