I loved working at Burson

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Your success at Burson really depends on the practice or client team you are part of. I was lucky to have been in a great practice with smart co-workers and great management. I learned so much from my time working there and if you are open to it, find a good mentor who will help you further your career and be your Burson advocate. It's about building and fostering relationships, if you have the talent and networking skills, you will do well,

Cons

If you are in a practice that does not value your skill set or talents, try to find a better fit in the company. It's very easy to get lost in the shuffle, you really have to carve out your niche and build relationships with senior management to get noticed.

Advice to Management

Remember that in any professional service agency your people really are your calling card. Nurture staff, you hired them because they are the best in their field, remember that, they are your best and worst brand advocate so treat them well and with respect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great projects, great clients, poor personal skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

you have the opportunity to work for some of most important companies in the world. my clients are phenomenal and inspiring and we have the ability to work with huge budgets and accomplish awe-inspiring things.

Cons

You have to manage your own career. It's not a touchy feely work environment, you work with brilliant people who are very, very focused on rising to the top. That can feel a bit intimindating if you're mid-level.

Advice to Management

Pay your junior employees more and spend less time starry eyed over your rock star senior hires.

Burson - what you and your team make of it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Depending on the team, you can have a really great experience or really crappy one. Unfortunately, it just depends on your clients and your managers.

Cons

Unless you are very high level management within the company, you don't feel remotely important to the overall strategy of the company.

Advice to Management

Make the company more about the employees and less about bill, bill, bill. A lot of overall company strategy is unknown to the average employee. It's discouraging to not feel like you are an instrumental part of an organization.