Burson-Marsteller

I loved working at Burson

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Your success at Burson really depends on the practice or client team you are part of. I was lucky to have been in a great practice with smart co-workers and great management. I learned so much from my time working there and if you are open to it, find a good mentor who will help you further your career and be your Burson advocate. It's about building and fostering relationships, if you have the talent and networking skills, you will do well,

Cons

If you are in a practice that does not value your skill set or talents, try to find a better fit in the company. It's very easy to get lost in the shuffle, you really have to carve out your niche and build relationships with senior management to get noticed.

Remember that in any professional service agency your people really are your calling card. Nurture staff, you hired them because they are the best in their field, remember that, they are your best and worst brand advocate so treat them well and with respect.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Burson-Marsteller (View Most Recent)

Great projects, great clients, poor personal skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

you have the opportunity to work for some of most important companies in the world. my clients are phenomenal and inspiring and we have the ability to work with huge budgets and accomplish awe-inspiring things.

Cons

You have to manage your own career. It's not a touchy feely work environment, you work with brilliant people who are very, very focused on rising to the top. That can feel a bit intimindating if you're mid-level.

Pay your junior employees more and spend less time starry eyed over your rock star senior hires.

A Great Place with a Collaborative Atmosphere

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Teams have great work ethic
    Regardless of position, insight is welcome at every level
    There are plenty of programs in place for professional development

Cons

The sub par compensation as compared with industry standards

There are newer employer reviews for Burson-Marsteller