Burson-Marsteller

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Full PR agency so opportunities for growth are there. You can take advantage of senior management access to ask questions that may lead to personal opportunities down the line. Because of the status of one of the best PR agencies the type of work you can work on as far as projects are pretty good.

Cons

Large PR agency so you can get lost in the shuffle

Bottom lines and margins are important, but so is staff retention and meaningful raises

146 Other Employee Reviews for Burson-Marsteller (View Most Recent)

Great, educational, limitless possibilities, but challenging work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Outstanding clients and work opportunities, global network, smart senior management, broad variety of types of work to get involved with.

Cons

Long hours, high demands and pressure, not the highest of salaries at the junior level.

The more communication the better. Be transparent. Help senior people be better managers (being good at your job and advancing as a PR professional doesnt mean you'll necessarily be a good manager.) Keep doing, more or less, what you're doing.

I loved working at Burson

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Burson-Marsteller

Pros

Your success at Burson really depends on the practice or client team you are part of. I was lucky to have been in a great practice with smart co-workers and great management. I learned so much from my time working there and if you are open to it, find a good mentor who will help you further your career and be your Burson advocate. It's about building and fostering relationships, if you have the talent and networking skills, you will do well,

Cons

If you are in a practice that does not value your skill set or talents, try to find a better fit in the company. It's very easy to get lost in the shuffle, you really have to carve out your niche and build relationships with senior management to get noticed.

Remember that in any professional service agency your people really are your calling card. Nurture staff, you hired them because they are the best in their field, remember that, they are your best and worst brand advocate so treat them well and with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Burson-Marsteller