Burson-Marsteller

There are newer employer reviews for Burson-Marsteller

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Burson-Marsteller as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Work with great people with the opportunity to learn a lot. Everyone has your best interests in mind and wants to see you grow professionally. Final intern project is a great learning experience. Intern program gives you the opportunity to work across other practices. Mid review and final review- very helpful to my professional growth.

Cons

As an intern, billing overtime hours is very strict. I found myself leaving early a lot of days to compensate working late on other days. Possibility to be hired after the internship is 50/50, and it is hard to find this out during the course of the internship.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Burson-Marsteller (View Most Recent)

Great Agency to work for.

I worked at Burson-Marsteller as an intern

Pros

Burson-Marsteller's internship program allows for a talented group of rising seniors and recent graduates the opportunity to work alongside some of the top individuals in the Public Relations field and gain valuable skills throughout the summer.

Cons

At Burson-Marsteller, there is an assumed "cut-throat" environment, and it is even encouraged in certain situations.

Continue hiring from your internship program, but do not be wary about individuals that do not have this type of experience, because they might have a different and fresh perspective.

The leader, gold standard, in the industry

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Burson-Marsteller full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Agency really shifting and embracing digital, exciting clients, award-winning work with a great deal of flexibility and support from senior management. Really starting to grow now with the re-invigorated senior leadership team and their global efforts.

Cons

None really to mention, compensation, time-off policies, and benefits are all excellent, in line with other WPP agencies.

Keep on the great track