There are newer employer reviews for Burst Media

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Burst Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much micro- managing, which is good because you're in charge of your own responsibilities, so if you get them done when you're supposed to, you wont have any problems. Good compensation/bonus program.

Cons

At times, it can be easy to get bored, you need to keep yourself fresh and engaged in the task at hand.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Burst Media (View Most Recent)

Good Company

I have been working at Burst Media full-time

Pros

Burst has a very friendly open environment, and the people in this office are all very friendly, communicative, and understanding. There is a lot of flexibility in balancing work with life and personal needs that come up. Burst provides free coffee, tea, cocoa, and fresh fruit daily, and caters lunch for longer meetings.

Cons

Since Burst was acquired by Blinkx Media, some of the benefits have been retracted. The biggest loss was the 401(k) match. We have also lost some of our holiday time, and the cap for vacation for longer tenured employees has gone down. The company has become meeting crazy also as a result of the acquisition, and the multitude of offices in various locations. There have been a few rounds of layoffs to hide revenue issues during some tough times. There are many places where this money could have come from than letting good employees go.

None, the management team here at Burst is pretty solid.

Horrible, don't work here unless you're desperate

Former Employee - Client Development Associate in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Client Development Associate in Burlington, MA

I worked at Burst Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing I can think of. They used to give us free water/coffee/soda. That was taken away.

Cons

Management is very fake, they will constantly back-stab you and place blame on anyone else. They reward those who suck up - arrive early and stay late - even if they don't produce results. There is no room for personal growth. I feel that I was unfairly bullied and blamed for terrible ad campaigns that I had no control over. Many times, I witnessed screaming arguments between managers in nearby rooms with multiple obscenities. It was uncomfortable and very unprofessional. They love to micromanage and they're always looking for something you're doing wrong, not what you're doing right. My manager once told me "if you want to make six figures, you are in the wrong place". That was a good sign that I should leave. For the record, I am now making mid six figures.

Listen to your employees, don't just blame them. Stop playing favorites.

There are newer employer reviews for Burst Media