There are newer employer reviews for Busch Gardens

Extremely rewarding and progressing as expected.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Busch Gardens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great people that work here. I believe that the recruitment office is extremely selective in who they want, and where they want them. I also enjoy the benefits of the full-time employment. Essentially, five weeks and three days of vacation starting off, which includes two weeks and three days of floating holidays, two weeks of vacation pay, and one week and one day of discretionary pay, which gets paid out if not used at the end of the year.

Cons

As much as I love my job, it is unfortunate to see postings for similar positions at the Orlando Parks for fifteen percent or more of the salary that we are paid at the Tampa Parks. One other thing that saddens me is the limited room for advancement. In operations, once full-time, your opportunities for advances are reduced 80% to every next level up.

Advice to Management

Do more, say less.

Other Employee Reviews for Busch Gardens

1. Good job depending on department

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Busch Gardens part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its fun and something new to do every day. You get to meet people from all around the world. If you enjoying talking to and helping people this is a good job for you.

Cons

Working outside isn't to fun. It can get boring on the slow days. You do meet a lot of not to smart people who love to argue with you.

Advice to Management

All politics, if you are well liked you will do fine.

2. There are many perks for employees, however the working conditions could be improved.

Former Employee - Culinary Associate in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Culinary Associate in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Busch Gardens part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts of food, merchandise, etc. Free admission into ANY Busch entertainment park The employees have great attitudes Access to relatively cheap food while working Flexible with hours

Cons

Working conditions behind the scenes could be improved This includes maintenance work, employees need to keep their working spaces clean for the next employees, etc.

Advice to Management

All in all, keep up with the perks, maybe raise the pay some, and keep up with maintenance. I would recommend working here.