There are newer employer reviews for Busch Gardens

Part Time Employment at HOS Tampa

Former Employee - Entertainment Employee in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Entertainment Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Busch Gardens part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great camaraderie working with the other performers. Supportive Stage Managers and Tech Crews. High energy job. Wonderfully diverse scare-actors from all walks of life and all ages. Terrific opportunity to network with artists of many varieties (singers, dancers, musicians, acrobats, etc.).

Cons

Very physical work. Guests can be "over-exuberant" when interfacing with the performers.

109 Other Employee Reviews for Busch Gardens (View Most Recent)

Busch Gardens in Tampa is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Zoo Education Photographer/Front Gate Photogrpaher in Tampa, FL

I worked at Busch Gardens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits (free admission to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal and other attractions... free tickets for family and friends as well) Pay, Hours, Discounts (applicable on almost everyhting in the park including food, drinks, merchandise, etc) Atmosphere

Cons

Not much room for growth at Front Gate photographer position
    They do decrease the work force after the summer months

Terrible guests, terrible hours

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Williamsburg, VA
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Williamsburg, VA

I worked at Busch Gardens part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you want hours, you will get them. If you don't want hours, you'll get them. You get to be outside and see all the different kinds of people that come through the park. Free admission into all the other parks, and a discount in park on food and souvenirs. They are also really concerned with the safety of guests and employees. Although the rules are sometimes inconvenient.

Cons

I must have told the person who did the schedules no less than 2,000 times that I could NOT work sundays. And I don't think I ever had a sunday off. If you ask for a day off, they're usually pretty good about giving it to you, but if you don't get it, you're just screwed. The park absolutely does not care about the well-being of their employees. They will schedule you for back-to-back 11 hour days, and not think a thing of it. The management chain is absolutely ridiculous. If you are just a regular employee, you can count on having at least 6 people you have to answer to. So if you do anything wrong, you'll have to hear about six different times. They are too concerned with how happy their guests are, and not at all concerned with their employees. The customer is always right and all that. If you are inside the park in uniform, you are not allowed to sit down, because it looks unprofessional. That is one of the dumbest rules I have ever heard in my life. Sitting doesn't make you unprofessional. Acting unprofessional makes you unprofessional. Being discourteous to guests, not caring about the way you wear your uniform, those are things that make you look unprofessional.

Take some time to listen to your employees, and maybe for once in your life, treat them like humans as opposed to slave labor. Your employees will be loyal if you are good to them, and you are not.

There are newer employer reviews for Busch Gardens