Business Intelligence Associates

www.biaprotect.com

When it comes down to it its all smoke and mirrors

ProsWith the quality of some of the employees the company has the ability to really be one of the best in the industry.

A small group of the employees really care about putting out a quality product.

Most of the employees get along really well.

ConsProduct quality is abysmal at times and nobody who should know does. Those that do know don't care.

Promises at the beginning of the job are amazing. "As people below you get promoted, you get promoted, lots of opportunity for growth, free snacks and beverages, you get your birthday off with pay, and more!" Then, the people below you don't get "promoted", they either get laid off (something the company swore it would never do), or they get laterally transferred to another job position, which isn't considered a promotion, thus you are entitled to nothing.

Free snacks? There were, until the office manager insisted we were eating too much and started rationing. Oh, and the rationing applies to coffee as well. Employees are actually told how much coffee they can consume. The rest of the coffee is kept locked up and doled out each day. There are several offices though, and I don't know that all of the offices are treated the same way.

Another review here mentioned company outings. These are now "dutch treat" and you pay your own way. It doesn't really feel like a company outing if I have to pay. Plus, the employees never get any input on what the outings are going to be.

Bottom line, if you weren't one of the first ones hired (their buddies) or you aren't one of the "special" people they went out and courted, you are unlikely to go anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBIA should complete an independent audit of the processes and the product that all of its departments produce. You will be very surprised.

Just because you didn't go to law school with someone, or you aren't related to them, doesn't mean they don't have something great to offer.

Find the employees who think putting out the greatest product is most important than anything else and put them in charge. The profit will follow.

Business Intelligence Associates President responded to this review

Aug 8, 2013

Well, the title of the post clearly isn't something to be proud of, is it? But, we can handle criticism here at BIA. Even though this particular employee was laid off from the document review team ... More

Excellent company , feels like home

I have been working at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: work life balance, great pay Cons: beurocratic, deal with lazy people..inefficient Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor leadership, great product

IT Systems (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Business Intelligence Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros: Small, agile, startup atmosphere, although the start-up thing is a… Cons: No, distinct leadership. I did not feel they were their for the employees… Advice to Senior Management: Shred the pork in your leadership and start placing management in the hands of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Business Intelligence Associates.

Worked for Business Intelligence Associates? Contribute to the Community!