Business Objects
www.businessobjects.com Levallois-Perret, France 5000+ Employees

Culture Destroyed

Technical Engineer (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Business Objects

ProsGood place to start after graduation. Good company to put on your resume when you leave. Many companies recognize how hard Business Objects pushes their employees. Many employees have left and found new jobs with half the job duties and roles with more pay, recognition, and respect.

ConsWeak career pathing. Management is out of touch with employees. No accountability for poor decision making. High attrition rate leaves the company with very little skilled employees. Employees are micro-managed with metrics without any context behind them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Ivory Tower style of management should be torn down. Stop and listen to front line employees for once.

Once great employer ruined by process over people SAP leadership philosophy.

Field Consultant (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Business Objects

Pros: They have great benefits and hire a lot of smart… Cons: Since the SAP acquisition, the place has really gone down the drain. Business Objects was never a perfect place to work, but it was pretty… Advice to Senior Management: Business Objects success came because of its people. Our "enterprise lock-in" came about through creating a great product that customers didn't want to give up.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

SAP Business Objects - A great place to work.

Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Business Objects

Pros: The software is very comprehensive and in demand. Our product group is highly innovative and creative. This makes selling the software much easier… Cons: I'm not really aware of anything. Advice to Senior Management: I don't have any. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Business Objects.

Worked for Business Objects? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Business Objects reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Business Objects CEO John G. Schwarz. All reviews posted anonymously by Business Objects employees.