Business Wire
www.businesswire.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

don't work here

I have been working at Business Wire full-time for more than a year

ProsYou don't have to take your work home with you.

ConsManagement treats employees like children. The level of pay is low, yet the level of responsibility and dedication that is expected is extremely high. There is no incentive to do more than the minimum required, and there are few if any opportunities for advancement. I don't believe I have ever worked for a company that has a lower level of morale than this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should take some time to walk the floor and get to know the people who work for them. It is not hard to get a measure of how low morale is by doing this, and it wouldn't take a lot of heavy lifting to improve things, even if only a bit.

Look at all the reviews....this place is misery on earth

Senior Editor (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Business Wire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you like running press releases through a system that formats into wire friendly format over and over again for horrible pay, that's a positive.… Cons: Low pay, micromanaged by imbeciles, mindless work, sales people are arrogant and don't… Advice to Senior Management: The press release business is a dying business, bad investment Warren Buffett. Huge… More

Only come here if you're desperate for a job.

Editor (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Business Wire

Pros: -Excellent benefits: 401(k), medical, dental and vision reimbursements. Also reimbursements for fitness, education and commuting. -Very stable job security. Only a few layoffs (less… Cons: I posted my original review last year and gave BW a 3 out 5. Since then, I've become more dissatisfied and after reading some other… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating the editors like children and start giving credit where credit is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Business Wire.

Worked for Business Wire? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Business Wire reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Business Wire CEO Cathy Baron Tamraz. All reviews posted anonymously by Business Wire employees.