There are newer employer reviews for Business.com (Dex One)

Do not leave your job to come here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Very good health benefits for the employee and there are a lot of great employees. Company is basically new so there is hopefully opportunity for it to change and grow.

Cons

Difficult place to work. The environment is very tense and this stems from leadership. Not required to work tons of hours, but the stress level is high.

While health benefits are good, others are lacking. Only 6 paid vacation days per year and only 12 days off (this includes sick days and vacation), so don't get sick. On top of that pay levels are not competitive. Beers on Friday are nice, but a work life balance (fair number of holidays and vacation) make for attractive benefits.

Senior leadership does not respect and rarely solicits input from it's employees, there is no transparency, and there is a culture of secrecy and closed doors, which leads to an extreme sense of insecurity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There are a lot of good ones and so many good ideas. Your employees are your greatest asset. Help them feel secure by changing the culture of closed doors and whispers. Transparency goes a long way.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was great, DexOne culture has ruined the place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Nice office and fun people make work enjoyable. Lunch in office twice a week. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Nothing ever comes from your work! When it was a stand alone company, it moved fast and got projects done quickly and well. Now, the bulk of people's time (even engineers) is spent fighting with DexOne about why the Internet is an important place to invest and how Print Yellow Pages are dead.

Advice to Management

I real don't know what to tell you at this point because I think it's too late. Anything you could do to isolate Business.com from it's parent so BDC could get back to work.

Make over $100k at one of the best places to work in Los Angeles

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Money
    Ability to break into the Online Advertising space with no experience
    Excellent sales training
    Catered Lunches
    Casual Work Environment

Cons

Nobody knows who we are
    Lots of cold calls in the AE job
    Lots of prospect rejection

Advice to Management

Give us a good solid direction for where the company is going and how our work contributes to that direction. Then we'll be really motivated.