Business.com (Dex One)
www.dexone.com Cary, NC 50 to 149 Employees

Think twice

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One) full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are a few (let me reiterate – a few) things that are good at Business.com. First the benefits are pretty good and anyone else, but management, are great to work with. Some of the company events are fun to attend as well.

ConsThink twice before accepting a job here. Initially when you interview it seems like a great place to work; unfortunately that is far from the truth. Business.com claims they are expanding rapidly but what they are really doing is hiring and then letting go of employees after only being at the company for a few months. Management is hiring without doing an analysis of what they really need. They simply hit a few weeks of long hours and think they need another body. They hire someone then realize they don’t need you anymore and kick you to the curb.

I don’t think Management knows how to hire and plan for steady growth. They come up with this “ingenious idea” and they go on a hiring spree to prepare for this “ingenious idea” then suddenly realize they shouldn’t have hired so many bodies and begin to let go of people. Most of the people are miserable there but Management (starting from the very top of the hierarchy) does not want to acknowledge it. They think that adding a few simple perks and applying for “Best Place to Work” will make up for the low morale in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take your time hiring new employees. Many of us have families and other financial obligations. It’s not fair to kick us to the curb just because you didn’t think it through initially. Many of us move to be closer to the office so letting us go just after a few months is inconsiderate as well.

Also, please, please change the office morale! If you don’t, you’re going to lose some really great employees.

manage accounts

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros: Open, flat environment, easy access to management,great benefits package Cons: poor communication from Senior Management to employees Advice to Senior Management: There is always room for improvement. Good luck More

Enter with Caution

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros: - 25 cent vending machines - free lunches and bagel fridays -… Cons: - lack of leadership and direction - uncertain future - merging… Advice to Senior Management: Save the trees and invest in Internet products. More

There are newer reviews on Business.com (Dex One).

Worked for Business.com (Dex One)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Business.com (Dex One) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Business.com (Dex One) CEO Alfred Mockett . All reviews posted anonymously by Business.com (Dex One) employees.