Business.com (Dex One)

www.dexone.com
  www.dexone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Business.com (Dex One)

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked at Business.com for over a year and can honestly say that I'm happy there. I feel like I am given the opportunity to step up and contribute to sizable projects. Given that I'm not an executive, it's pretty motivating to have a voice.

Cons

The company is growing fast so there are some growing pains. I've been in the work force long enough to accept that every company has its own challenges and in my opinion, the cons are minimal.

Continue asking for employee input, keep the company events - they go a long way

9 Other Employee Reviews for Business.com (Dex One) (View Most Recent)

Do not leave your job to come here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Very good health benefits for the employee and there are a lot of great employees. Company is basically new so there is hopefully opportunity for it to change and grow.

Cons

Difficult place to work. The environment is very tense and this stems from leadership. Not required to work tons of hours, but the stress level is high.

While health benefits are good, others are lacking. Only 6 paid vacation days per year and only 12 days off (this includes sick days and vacation), so don't get sick. On top of that pay levels are not competitive. Beers on Friday are nice, but a work life balance (fair number of holidays and vacation) make for attractive benefits.

Senior leadership does not respect and rarely solicits input from it's employees, there is no transparency, and there is a culture of secrecy and closed doors, which leads to an extreme sense of insecurity.

Listen to your employees. There are a lot of good ones and so many good ideas. Your employees are your greatest asset. Help them feel secure by changing the culture of closed doors and whispers. Transparency goes a long way.

Was great, DexOne culture has ruined the place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Nice office and fun people make work enjoyable. Lunch in office twice a week. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Nothing ever comes from your work! When it was a stand alone company, it moved fast and got projects done quickly and well. Now, the bulk of people's time (even engineers) is spent fighting with DexOne about why the Internet is an important place to invest and how Print Yellow Pages are dead.

I real don't know what to tell you at this point because I think it's too late. Anything you could do to isolate Business.com from it's parent so BDC could get back to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Business.com (Dex One)