There are newer employer reviews for Business.com (Dex One)

Culture is 2nd to none!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is refreshing to actually enjoy coming to work everyday. Leadership allows you to be creative and in many ways entrepreneurial in your approach to your role every day. Everyone is open and easy to bounce ideas off of and the culture is what every company should have.

Cons

Smaller company with growing pains

Advice to Management

Hire the right people, those that want to work hard and grow with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Business.com for over a year and can honestly say that I'm happy there. I feel like I am given the opportunity to step up and contribute to sizable projects. Given that I'm not an executive, it's pretty motivating to have a voice.

Cons

The company is growing fast so there are some growing pains. I've been in the work force long enough to accept that every company has its own challenges and in my opinion, the cons are minimal.

Advice to Management

Continue asking for employee input, keep the company events - they go a long way

Do not leave your job to come here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Business.com (Dex One)

Pros

Very good health benefits for the employee and there are a lot of great employees. Company is basically new so there is hopefully opportunity for it to change and grow.

Cons

Difficult place to work. The environment is very tense and this stems from leadership. Not required to work tons of hours, but the stress level is high. While health benefits are good, others are lacking. Only 6 paid vacation days per year and only 12 days off (this includes sick days and vacation), so don't get sick. On top of that pay levels are not competitive. Beers on Friday are nice, but a work life balance (fair number of holidays and vacation) make for attractive benefits. Senior leadership does not respect and rarely solicits input from it's employees, there is no transparency, and there is a culture of secrecy and closed doors, which leads to an extreme sense of insecurity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. There are a lot of good ones and so many good ideas. Your employees are your greatest asset. Help them feel secure by changing the culture of closed doors and whispers. Transparency goes a long way.