Great starter company

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  West Lafayette, IN
Former Employee - Design Engineer in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at Butler America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers a very flexible schedule to both full time employees and interns. Office environment is fun and friendly.

Cons

Being a smaller company and a contractor, the benefits and pay are not the best. Being located in West Lafayette, you get the excuse "low cost of living" which translates to a smaller paycheck than you otherwise deserve. Experienced engineers do not feel valued and feel like they are replaceable.

With a large number of employees <2 years experience, some people treat work like a classroom and talk/watch videos on their phone/games on their phones. Need to hire people who will focus and stay on task. Also need to make employees feel valuable and needed or else they will find better opportunities.

Other Reviews for Butler America

It's not a bad starter job.

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Butler America as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It's a pretty simple job to get started while completing school, there is very little formal training. Butler offers flexible hours to their interns and almost always makes an offer upon graduation.

Cons

There isn't much opportunity to "advance" at this company. The pay and benefits are fair but not very competitive.

Good for your career start

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Peoria, IL

I worked at Butler America

Pros

Good and friendly. Small company. You will get your recognition soon when you do a good job. My manager was good and used to recognize my hard work.

Cons

Higher management was not really good. They could not hold on to customers nor used to get new customers. Not a good company for long term.

Has to develop customers. Recruit good staff. But I enjoyed working with my team. I would have still with them if they would not bankrupt.

There are newer employer reviews for Butler America.

Worked for Butler America? Contribute to the Community!