There are newer employer reviews for Butterfield Bank

Progressive and diverse competencies were acquired.

Former Employee - IT Officer
Former Employee - IT Officer

Pros

Highly technical environment that presents many opportunities to learn. Can serve as an excellent open university for a recent graduate and provide a solid base.

Cons

Rigit and inflexible policies. The organization objectives is always paramount and not enough consideration is given to human resource issues.

Advice to Management

People are the greatest resource the Bank can have and if more attention is given to people issues then it will augur well for the Bank

Other Employee Reviews for Butterfield Bank

1. Chaotic

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Good money, plenty of smart people

Cons

Chaos is pervasive within IT

Advice to Management

Let people get on with their jobs

2. Don't make waves at the big bank

Former Employee - Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Support Analyst

Pros

Very well respected in the community and good stepping stone. I loved the social and community involvement they offered and it was great networking with people in other departments. I did get a thrill seeing them again and again in the local media and being part of the group.

Cons

Some mgt almost seemed threatened if you showed competence or an ability to get things done faster and better. My grievance was with specific people who had authority over me and things had to be their way or the highway. I did get some smug satisfaction seeing them put out a few months later, but I'm too proud to go back for now.

Advice to Management

More understanding and openess to Gen Y and reviewing some processes to streamline them instead of holding onto redundant and unnecessary steps.