There are newer employer reviews for Buy Buy Baby

You'll become very knowledgeable

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Buy Buy Baby part-time for more than a year

Pros

The amount of knowledge you gain about baby products is crazy. Most customers are nice and are new so they will really look to you for that knowledge. Management is generally nice people.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from management. Customers always come first to the company, but if management has a project for you the balance of helping everybody that comes in the store and geting things done can be hard at times.

Customers are always most important but make sure your employees feel just as important.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Buy Buy Baby (View Most Recent)

A good temporary job

Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier  in  Utica, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Cashier in Utica, MI

I have been working at Buy Buy Baby part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to interact with lots of different customers.
    Lots of people bring their babies with them.

Cons

Babies cry/scream, Many customers don't watch their damn kids.
    The training sessions suck. -or- you get excluded because Manager G doesn't like you.
    The management sucks.
    The management really, really sucks.

Be KIND to your employees. THEY are the people that make YOU look good. Quit being so damn lazy. Take the time to SINCERELY apologize when YOU screw up and make your employees look bad. Take the time to train your employees correctly - don't just hand them a pamphlet and say "read this"

Terrible Experience All Around.

Former Employee - Customer Service Department Manager and Floor Department Manager

I worked at Buy Buy Baby full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other than getting paid little more than at another management position I was in with another company there really were no other Pros.

Cons

My time with baby started with many promises of growth and multiple new stores in my area, closer to where I live. These promises started during interviews and were carried out for a full year and a half! I was traveling over 45 miles into very heavy traffic, averaging almost 2 hours in my car each way, after working 10+ hour days (mind you I left a job 10 minutes away to sit in this for a very small increase!). The promise of closer work is what kept me there for so long, then 1.5 years in I get "we never promised you that!" because they then had no intention on opening a store in my location. My quality of home life was tanked, never saw my kids or spouse, felt zero appreciation from the Store Manager, watched the Store Manager come and go as "it" wanted to and NEVER worked nearly the hours we other managers did ("it" seemed to think "it" was scheduled part time hours!), saw HR turn it's head on every civil and moral infraction, had HR tell me "we know our Management team is ALWAYS right and the more senior you are the more weight your word carries, so if we have a dispute I will air on the side of caution to you", had a gut wrenching pit in my stomach everyday I had to work.... I could go on and on but it will fall on deaf ears. I just wanted to say I have been away long enough to say the grass is greener on the other side. So stop mowing dead grass and move on!

Just because as an ASM and above you have unlimited "personal time" needn't mean you get to work less than your PT employees. Get off your butt and lead by example, be the leader you would want to follow. Stop writing checks you never intend to be able to cash. Treat your employees and management staff the way YOU want to be treated. Set expectations at an attainable level, when you are always holding a carrot out in front and never deliver the reward then you get what you get and have no right to get upset.

Set expectations with your customers too. Stop thinking they are always right, they are not and when they are not you still reward them. Shame on you! Take a stance, you will earn more respect that way with your honest customers and with your "valued" team.

There are newer employer reviews for Buy Buy Baby

Worked for Buy Buy Baby? Contribute to the Community!