There are newer employer reviews for Bydesign Technologies

Very fast growing company

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is growing and has done amazing things. They take care of their staff and do special events.

Cons

It is fast paced and sometimes you get pulled in different directions

Keep aiming high

4 Other Employee Reviews for Bydesign Technologies (View Most Recent)

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth......

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were nice and some very talented. Work/life balance was not too bad and the company did like to do outings/events (although it usually involved employees paying for some portion of the event). My immediate manager was awesome - a real professional. You get three monitors.

Cons

Where do I start. The company has no idea how to run a business. Every week (no joke) they are changing some process or re-organizing their internal structure. You have to track every minute of your time as management reviews your entries and will ask questions if you take too much time on a ticket. They monitor your phone, IM and emails. The entire senior management philosophy is built on mis-trust, disrespect and undermining of the middle managers. One Director has been there 9 years and is despised by EVERY employee but is still a Director. The other director is only out for himself and will throw any of his subordinates under the bus. If the owner had one ounce of good leadership skills he would rectify that situation.

The technology is archaic - a lof of classic ASP. No effort to re-invest and innovate but to put band-aids on their existing code. Every week there are about 100 new defects that come through support. Absolutely no emphasis on quality - its all about how fast can you turn it around. They gouge clients and nickle and dime them to death. They also try to convince clients certain issues are not defects (like a button that has no event wired up). Really? I click this button and nothing happens and that is not a defect?? They treat their customers and employees like MIke Vick treats his dogs.

They have lost some big clients and a number of existing clients are unhappy. Jeff (owner) is a smart guy but has no leadership skills. He is abrasive, arrogant and the most distrusting person I ever met. It is utterly mind boggling that the company has been as successful as it has. I just don't see how that is sustainable into the future.

I have a lot of advice but they won't listen so I am not wasting my time.

BEWARE!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned a lot of life lessons. There is a LOT of talent at ByDesign. Some of the best people I have ever work with (excluding upper management). Everyone outside of upper management are AWESOME! People there work VERY hard and are VERY dedicated. That is the ONLY reason ByDesign is still in existence.

Cons

The only way I can describe the President and the "Owner" is that this team reminds of the mean girls in high school. They do things like...have someone interview and hire their own replacement without them knowing that the person they're interviewing is their replacement. They flat out lie to their employees and pit them against each other. Even people that think they are in good graces with the President and the Owner get attacked behind their backs.A couple managers have no problem talking openly about the "eye candy" in the office. Certain managers tend to blatantly treat other people extremely different from each other and have major issues being challenged. They will work you to the bone and then throw you away.

Refrain playing people against each other for personal entertainment. Stop accusing
    employees of indiscretions when upper management does and says things so much worse. Value and respect your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bydesign Technologies

Worked for Bydesign Technologies? Contribute to the Community!