Bydesign Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Bydesign Technologies

Very fast growing company

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bydesign Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is growing and has done amazing things. They take care of their staff and do special events.

Cons

It is fast paced and sometimes you get pulled in different directions

Keep aiming high

5 Other Employee Reviews for Bydesign Technologies (View Most Recent)

Company has no interest in internal development

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time

Pros

There are hard, friendly workers here that are keeping the company afloat. The personalities are great, and people know how to have fun when not on company time.

Cons

Pay is low in comparison to other companies. Management micromanages to the 100th degree, across all departments. It isn't necessarily their fault. They are simply the inherent effects due to a lack of caring by leadership to manage IT systems, or architecture of the (archaic) software, which makes it near-impossible to support their clients in a timely manager, which snowballs into lack of trust in the development team and blame to the other departments. And to keep it all bottled up the leadership tries to micromanage everyone into a false sense of efficiency. Furthermore, the shelf life of their employees is very short, so the few people that stay to take on a leadership role are usually not of a high enough caliber to be considered for a leading role by most other company standards. Some of the management at this company should seriously, NOT be managing anyone.

This company is focusing on trying to get more and more business, but in reality needs to take a long hard look inward. They need to do a lot of internal development in regards to management training, developer training, professional training, and technological upgrades. Currently, they are not willing to devote the time and money to do this, and if they don't soon, I fear this company will not be afloat much longer.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth......

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were nice and some very talented. Work/life balance was not too bad and the company did like to do outings/events (although it usually involved employees paying for some portion of the event). My immediate manager was awesome - a real professional. You get three monitors.

Cons

Where do I start. The company has no idea how to run a business. Every week (no joke) they are changing some process or re-organizing their internal structure. You have to track every minute of your time as management reviews your entries and will ask questions if you take too much time on a ticket. They monitor your phone, IM and emails. The entire senior management philosophy is built on mis-trust, disrespect and undermining of the middle managers. One Director has been there 9 years and is despised by EVERY employee but is still a Director. The other director is only out for himself and will throw any of his subordinates under the bus. If the owner had one ounce of good leadership skills he would rectify that situation.

The technology is archaic - a lof of classic ASP. No effort to re-invest and innovate but to put band-aids on their existing code. Every week there are about 100 new defects that come through support. Absolutely no emphasis on quality - its all about how fast can you turn it around. They gouge clients and nickle and dime them to death. They also try to convince clients certain issues are not defects (like a button that has no event wired up). Really? I click this button and nothing happens and that is not a defect?? They treat their customers and employees like MIke Vick treats his dogs.

They have lost some big clients and a number of existing clients are unhappy. Jeff (owner) is a smart guy but has no leadership skills. He is abrasive, arrogant and the most distrusting person I ever met. It is utterly mind boggling that the company has been as successful as it has. I just don't see how that is sustainable into the future.

I have a lot of advice but they won't listen so I am not wasting my time.

There are newer employer reviews for Bydesign Technologies