C.H. Robinson Worldwide

www.chrobinson.com
There are newer employer reviews for C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Very happy with my time there

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I felt like my contributions were appreciated, and I was always rewarded when I did well. All criticism was constructive. A large amount of trust was given to employees and micromanagement was almost nonexistent. I only left because I decided it wasn't the career for me; the company was fantastic.

Cons

Some unexpected overtime was necessary. Some customers and carriers can be hugely frustrating.

372 Other Employee Reviews for C.H. Robinson Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Customs Brokerage Account Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Customs Brokerage Account Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual work environment, nice co-workers for the most part

Cons

Low pay, high stress, petty management, lot of unpaid overtime, poor work-life balance, disrespectful co-workers and managers, no HR on site, badly needs strong organizational behavior manager, middle managers need lessons in management and leadership, HR Manager clearly unqualified. Not a fun environment to work in day to day. People don't generally enjoy their jobs.

Get some experienced knowledgeable leaders in middle management, current middle managers recycle problems and don't have industry experience and definitely fail to inspire growth, hire experienced objective seasoned HR person to help improve moral and guide middle managers on how to act appropriately.

Very time consuming and labor intensive. A lot like telemarketing.

Former Employee - Freight Broker in Ozark, MO
    Former Employee - Freight Broker in Ozark, MO

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Moderate salary and room for upward movement in the company.

Cons

Sketchy bonus system. Similar to pyramid scheme. The longer you work, the higher your bonus but not based on individual performance. Seniority equals higher bonus pay. Very long rigid hours and no flexibility in work schedule. Very high pressure sales environment.

Need more transparency in expectations and bonus pay structure.

There are newer employer reviews for C.H. Robinson Worldwide