C Spire

Great place to work

Former Employee - Market Manager in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Market Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at C Spire

Pros

Great hours, no Sundays, always changing. Compensation is good for managers. benefits are great. I am going to open up my own business with money earned on ESOP in less then 8 years.

Cons

Copy other people when making changes.
Ever since name change they tried to make to many changes at once.
under utilize important key staff members.

26 Other Employee Reviews for C Spire (View Most Recent)

Good benefits (insurance and 401k), but limited opp for growth and promotion

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

I have been working at C Spire

Pros

Health Insurance
    401K
    Stock Options
    Paid Vacations
    Sick Time
    Christmas Bonous
    Employee PCs are kept current

Cons

Poor management
    Limited opportunity for promotion and professional growth
    Resistant to forward thinking employees ideas and suggestions

Challenge or remove Directors and Managers that harbor/display any form of bias based on gender or race. Remove the open policy to not market to "urban" areas (look at "Bright Lights" )

I love getting up in the morning and smile knowing I am going to a job I am 110% dedicated myself to and love my job!!!

Current Employee - Crew Member (Salesperson) in Le Retail (France)
    Current Employee - Crew Member (Salesperson) in Le Retail (France)

I have been working at C Spire full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, insurance, employee phone, match 401 k in high percentages, love our whole family as a whole. We all make it a successful company!

Cons

Challenges are long tenure employees have so much vac time it is hard to take all when nobody to fill in, makes harder on other employees in store and that is not really fair to neither employee.

The upper management has been doing a great job the last year with changes made. However, I do feel as though they need to check up on managers role in stores. Maybe speak to employees privately to get what is really going on. A manager is to be there 115% of time and help when needed on all issues, just lots of things need addressing that upper management has no clue about and would be shocked. Need something in place besides ethic hotline due to many employees being afraid of market managers finding out after the fact and having to deal with repruccsions. Favoritism is another issue that is very unethical in work place, all should be treated equal at all times wether male or female. The front facing employees do so much more than any could imagine. I am sure they will take this to heart and listen as they always do. I love my job and would not want to work for any company besides Cspire....it is my world, while in store, on lunch, days off, I answer customers no matter on the clock or not.

There are newer employer reviews for C Spire