It was okay...

Former Employee - Repair Technician II in Ridgeland, MS
Former Employee - Repair Technician II in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at C Spire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Everybody gets along (almost). Very solid company with plenty of regional and national long-term growth potential. Very good benefits.

Cons

Top management and owners are very obstinate in how they view employee compensations. You can't have a meaningful discussion about this because they will end the conversation. I'm glad this is a company that excels in the area of integrity in many areas. We need more companies like this. However, integrity falls apart when it comes to pay. After all, we live in a world where the object is to screw one another. Even from Christian pastors. The human resources manual states that C Spire Wireless does not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation. But, what would happen if everybody joined a union? They would get fired. This is doublespeak-integrity at its finest. I know so many people who used to work for C Spire Wireless (and some who still do) who constantly complain about the pay. I pray that one day these managers will see the light, and be transformed. I have confidence that one day these things will change for the better... You will be micromanaged, which bothers some people and is not such a big deal to others. You will be underpaid. Expect to hear ridiculous comments from upper management about how everybody in a department should be fired. It is laughable when they say these things, then they realize they are wrong. If you have good ideas to improve operations, management will often not care and this is missed growth potential, both for the company and the employees.

Advice to Management

Ask yourself if what you are paying employees is right in the sight of God rather than pat yourself on the back because the pay is "competitive". Do the right thing and don't be so selfish about paying employees what they should be making. Find ways employees can receive substantial increases in pay by making big contributions to the organization. Most people receive low salaries, but the top 50 people receive very high salaries. Please be more open to bringing your salaries more in line with those of employees to send the message that you are not so far above them...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Account Manager

Former Employee - CAE in Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - CAE in Gulfport, MS

I worked at C Spire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for as far as benefits, products and people to work with,

Cons

Management style or at least in my region.

Advice to Management

Install the full version of SalesForce.com

2. Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

I have been working at C Spire full-time

Pros

Salary Benefits (401K, ESOP, Insurance) Advancement Opportunities Work/Life Balance

Cons

Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement is not that great.

Advice to Management

Offer better tuition assistance/reimbursement for those individuals wanting to pursue further education.