There are newer employer reviews for C&D Technologies

Great learning experience, poor opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at C&D Technologies

Pros

My experience as an engineer has been fulfilling and my colleagues we fabulous people. This is a place where a career and lifetime employment in the battery is almost a given if you do your job.

Cons

Executives have their own agenda, unfortunately it has brought the company down, and many quality employees have left because of their poor decisions.

Think of employees before yourself interest. They have great ideas and the company's future would be more successful with their input rather than yours. Be more transparent as well, trust is a good thing.

7 Other Employee Reviews for C&D Technologies (View Most Recent)

Look Else Where

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at C&D Technologies

Pros

It is a job and a paycheck. There are some nice people that work for the company, but that is about it.

Cons

Short staffed, poor management, no direction, no money, bad atmosphere, no 401k match, benefit costs going up more then average, no pay increases, no communication, poor operations, a lot of bad employees

Take the time to do some true organization development making clear lines of responsibilities and make people accountable. Have people work in their specific area and colaborate with other groups, but focus on doing their own job and giving direction to their own staff.

C&D - Looking for a direction

Former Employee - Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at C&D Technologies

Pros

Location and proximity to my house made this a favorable position. If you like hands on work, this is a great place. My supervisor and peers were educated and hard working. The company had talent in several of the key positions.

Cons

The strategic planning of the company was less than favorable. They try to encompass too many markets instead of keying in on the products that produce to the bottom line. The workforce does not realize the importance of a quality product. The manufacturing facilities are not strategically located nor are they fully utilized. There is no best business practices in place that govern the operations.

Consolidate the division, drop the low market share products and focus on developing a superior product for the major products.

There are newer employer reviews for C&D Technologies