C&S Wholesale Grocers

www.cswg.com
There are newer employer reviews for C&S Wholesale Grocers

Long term employee leaving for the right reasons

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Keene, TX
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Keene, TX

I worked at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay for the area and respectful of those that work very hard

Cons

Long hours are expected and necessary to get the job done. Very little schedule flexibility.

Be more open to allowing a work life balance.

153 Other Employee Reviews for C&S Wholesale Grocers (View Most Recent)

very, very seriously screwed up!!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time

Pros

I honestly cannot think of a single good thing about this place, im sorry!

Cons

No home life at all, and I mean at all! Get ready to not see your family! Hours per week are 70 or more on average. lots of favortism sexism and racism within supervision. Senior managemt has it's picks. They throw u into the water & its sink or swim there is no direction given. You are expected to learn on your own, like you're supposed to come in & know how they want what they want. selectors are given two days training and then set free and they'd better swim after that or else! C&S understaffs daily or offers employees the chance to stay home or, go home after they have arrived to stay within some wack-ass budget that doesn't allow for proper staffing for the shift, and then those of us who refuse to go home get stuck there for one hell of a long night. Who operates that way!? There is no training prcesses for supervisors and then they blame you for the things that you haven't learned. some supervisors and managers have quit and some have been wrongly terminated. Trust me when I tell you that it's like walking around on eggshells, not knowing when the other shoe is giong to drop. The turn over rate for supervisors and selectors is astonishing. I have been there a year and I have seen so many people come and go that it makes for an extremely unsettleing experience. Lastly, it has become a very hostile work enviroment. The place is a joke.

Horrible Experience

Current Employee - Selector
    Current Employee - Selector

I have been working at C&S Wholesale Grocers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Maybe the pay, but no one is making as much as they were before C&S took over.

Cons

Supervisors are micromanaged, upper-management doesn't seem worried about employee morale or input. Management is only concerned with the "budget" they are supposed to meet even if it does harm to the employee's and customer's.

Let the supervisors do the job you hired them for and listen to your workers. If you help the people who are breaking their backs for you then they will in turn help you.

There are newer employer reviews for C&S Wholesale Grocers