C2 Education

There are newer employer reviews for C2 Education

Great Company

Former Employee - SAT Instructor in Suwanee, GA
Former Employee - SAT Instructor in Suwanee, GA

I worked at C2 Education full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good hours, nice people

Cons

Could be a little more organized

107 Other Employee Reviews for C2 Education (View Most Recent)

Love the Money; Hate the General Setup

Current Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at C2 Education

Pros

- Good Company Training Materials
    - Students are awesome to work with.
    - Having 3 different students at different levels makes the work varied and interesting.
    - You drive to one building. Stay there for 2-6 hours. Then you leave.

Cons

- Many directors lack rudimentary skills in English, scheduling, and yes, management.
    - Many directors have no backgrounds in education and no experience as tutors, so beyond really, really wanting to make commissions, they have no idea what goes into making the students better.
    - No health benefits.
    - A definite glass ceiling if you're not a Korean woman. Seriously. Parents will call to complain if an assistant doesn't speak Korean.
    - Scheduling can change at a moments notice, leaving the tutor to suddenly have to prep for a new student.

PLEASE separate the sales and management components of C2; maybe hire an actual teacher part-time or give additional pay to a current tutor. Those in charge seem overwhelmed by what they're asked to do, and the result is not just annoying or inconvenient for students or tutors, it's also costing you money (re: Directors lose track of who is coming and going while they're trying to make their monthly sales quotas.)

Be ready to be micro-managed, critically and passive-aggressively

Former Employee - Tutor in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Marietta, GA

I worked at C2 Education

Pros

This is a fine place to work if you have never been a teacher or tutor. They have lots of systems of paperwork you need to know and follow, and if you don't have your own way of running your tutoring sessions, this will be good for you. If you have worked in the private tutoring industry, I suppose this is the way it goes? I don't know, it was my first and, I hope, last experience at a tutoring agency. I have had great results, feedback, etc with my in-home tutoring experiences and my 4 years of classroom teaching. Not so much here.

Cons

1. unclear requirements for the paperwork and admonishments when you don't properly complete the weird systems of recording...
    2. ambiguous expectations--you know your "stuff" but are you being fun enough? they focus on knowledge in their tutors and ask over and over again that you will be available for 1-2 years at a time (!), but when it comes down to it, if students become miffed at any little thing and complain about you, you are chastised. ("she kept making us look up words we didn't know and we think it was because she didn't know the meanings of the words and/or she should have just told us) i realize this makes me sound rude and bitter, but i have had and currently have great relationships with kids that i'm tutoring outside of this business...
    3. rude management: generally ignoring your presence, passing off questions to assistant managers, extraordinarily late notice of scheduled hours, expecting you to be available to stay late on a moment's notice, "punishment" (fewer hours) when you aren't available at a moment's notice. in general, they take the hours you say you are available and consider themselves owning those hours of your time. it felt like slavery.
    4. too many kids with varying degrees of requirements per session: how can i do a good job as a tutor when i have a 9 year old, a 14 year old and an 18 year old all working on different items with different levels of need and attention spans? any GREAT TEACHER knows that you can't differentiate that much at the same time!

1.don't give kids so much voice on who's a great tutor. support your staff!
    2. don't overload your tutor with 3 kids who need vastly different help at the same time
    3. pay more---based on experience and degree--i would have stuck it out if this agency paid even near what in-home tutoring paid
    4. be realistic about your tutors available hours and respect them