C3 Energy

www.c3energy.com

C3, A company in control of it's future and the market

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI have been at C3 for over 2 years. The C3 I joined then is not the C3 today. It is better. It is exciting. It is focused. It is full of the best people I have ever worked with and continues to attract the kind of individual who wants to be challenged and rewarded. The market landscape that everyone thought was there in 2009 changed, as markets do. I know of no other startups that could have made the kind of adjustments C3 has over the past 3 years and survived. I've read some of the other posts and have to say that if anyone wants a glimpse into the real C3, come visit. This is a place where creativity is encouraged. It didn't feel that way when I first joined, but I can tell you that it is part of the daily routines now. C3 is well positioned for growth going into 2013. I recently sat down with one of the leading researchers and analysts in the energy and utility space that I have known for over 10 years. He sat through demonstrations of our software and said this..."Wow, I've seen a lot of demo's from a lot of vendors in this space. No one does this. How can we help you get the word out?" There are a lot of posts about how hard you work in this company. That is true. However, that is the type of people that want to come work here. This is not a place where one can do the bare minimum and survive, nor do I want to work with that type of person. If you are driven, passionate, creative, and still have a personality, come visit C3. We'll show you what we do.

ConsAs with most start ups, the hours can be long and the pressure high. But, it comes and goes with projects. One of the things I like most about this company is that we work "in the office" and the collaboration and energy is high, even with the hours we all work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire people who perform at the highest level. The hiring over the past year has been exceptional and I have been excited to see people choose C3 over other great opportunities.

Clear vision and strategy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

I have been working at C3 Energy full-time

Pros: C3 Energy has some of the best people I have ever worked with in the technology space. There is a clear strategy and vision… Cons: C3 Energy is a fast paced startup. There is little time to learn… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Time Machine

(Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

I worked at C3 Energy full-time

Pros: - Executives are highly engaged in all decisions, many of whom were involved with Tom Siebel when he built his empire of fortune. - While… Cons: - Top down, command-style management combined with lack of focus, constant reprioritization, and micromanagement creates vast inefficiencies and stifles autonomy. A queue of people, literally… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more autonomy, less hierarchy, and focus more on removing obstacles to efficiency rather than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on C3 Energy.

Worked for C3 Energy? Contribute to the Community!