There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies

If CA had marketing budgets of IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle there would be no other Software Vendors in this space.

Current Employee - Account Director in Islandia, NY
Current Employee - Account Director in Islandia, NY

I have been working at CA Technologies

Pros

CA has been a tremendous enabler of success for me and my clients. There is no other software company with the right combination of best of breed solutions that can address the complexities and challenges of today's CIO. CA is best of breed in Network, Voice, Applications, and Systems Mgt. We are best of breed in Project/Portfolio, Asset, and Service Governance. We are best of breed in Identity and Access Mgt. We are best of breed in Service and Asset Lifecycle Mgt. Nobody can boast that breadth and depth.

Cons

The legacy, history and perception of the old Computer Associates. We are still the Rodney Dangerfeild of Software - we get no respect. You have to earn it.

Keep the innovation engine stoked. We're finally getting back into developing new technologies that are great: Data Center Automation, Catalyst, Software Compliance Manager, Governance Risk Compliance. Keep R&D going into making it easier to integrate our technology. Catalyst could be the game changer. So watch out.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not a bad place, and generally getting better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CA Technologies

Pros

Company is getting better everyday. The engine or organic growth has been reignited and good things should follow. Many of the problems of the past are being corrected. In general they are interested in making good technology, although its been a bit of a learning process for them to get it right in a lot of areas.

Cons

Plenty of historic problems still exist, such as low-levels of collaboration across business lines -- but they are obviously working on improving things. Resources are not shared fairly across the company. Certain groups that make lots of money get no special resources, yet other groups that are complete loss-leaders or have outlived their hopes of ever making money get plenty of investment.

More "real" training on the business and things really work in CA is needed for all employees.

Company organic growth did not materialize.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at CA Technologies

Pros

If you get a right product then there is some good work going on.

Cons

The company has been trying to recover for last 6 years.There is still issues with growth that does not match with the plan layed out 3 years back.The company is forever in cost cutting mode.

The company mid lavel management no longer communicates with the lower level employee.The quaterly meeting has not happened in last 1 year.

There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies