There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies

The best company that I have worked so far, Freedom of work is there and I am master of my own field.

Current Employee - Mobile Solution Architect in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Mobile Solution Architect in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Large org
- Freedom of work
- No micromanagement

Cons

- Again Large organization
- Lots and lots of processes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Incredible place to work!

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is awesome. Very family friendly, great work life balance. Multi-cultural company, Top 10 green company and Top 10 place for diversity in the workforce. New CEO and new CMO are some of he best I have ever worked with. Clear direction, great vision, I couldn't be happier with the choice I made!!

Cons

Big company, slow to change. Nothing you don't experience with any big company.

The CEO is on the right track - but his leadership team isn't

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly good people, smart people who want to do the right thing.
    HUGE transformation underway in marketing. New CMO seems like she's pretty awesome, although very impatient. Haven't heard much from her yet, but its only been 90 days or so.
    High expectations are met with high support in some areas (others yeah...)
    Flexible for families. If you have to work from home, do it, as long as you get your work done.
    Salaries seem to be competitive (for a while at least).
    Awesome offices across the world, even thought HQ is a little bit like travelling to a time warp.
    Massive improvements in turning the ship around from old clunky software giant to new and improved business services and technology.

Cons

90% of people wouldn't say CA is Change Always unless it is really true.
    If you work here, you're an idiot. Become a consultant and you are suddenly a genius. TRUST your employees that you hired. They know the company inside and out, not some silly vendor who is only quoting what those of us in the biz tell them on surveys.
    Too many folks at the top don't understand what their teams do every day.
    More time spent on internal presentations about what we need to do instead of DOING what we need to do.
    IT owns everything. If you need a change, hope you get it in 6 months. Even in SaaS apps. Ridiculous. No accountability for IT at all. They operate in 1999 and we all live in the present. Prepare to be frustrated beyond anything you can imagine.
    Impossible to get rid of dead weight, but they manage to lay off top performers every six months. Afraid the dead weight will sue, but those that are awesome lose their jobs simply because we chose to pay for their expertise. Make sure your salary is around the 50% benchmark or you are toast.
    Layers of complexity are compounded by layers of politics.

Advice to Management

Take one week each. Travel to your middle teams and sit with one per day. REALLY see what they do for you day in and day out. You will be amazed at the passion, dedication and mountains they climb to get the job done. You will also see how hard daily tasks your admin does for you are to accomplish and how much time they spend on them.