CA Technologies

www.ca.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies

The best company that I have worked so far, Freedom of work is there and I am master of my own field.

Current Employee - Mobile Solution Architect in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Mobile Solution Architect in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Large org
- Freedom of work
- No micromanagement

Cons

- Again Large organization
- Lots and lots of processes.

1101 Other Employee Reviews for CA Technologies (View Most Recent)

The CEO is on the right track - but his leadership team isn't

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Mostly good people, smart people who want to do the right thing.
    HUGE transformation underway in marketing. New CMO seems like she's pretty awesome, although very impatient. Haven't heard much from her yet, but its only been 90 days or so.
    High expectations are met with high support in some areas (others yeah...)
    Flexible for families. If you have to work from home, do it, as long as you get your work done.
    Salaries seem to be competitive (for a while at least).
    Awesome offices across the world, even thought HQ is a little bit like travelling to a time warp.
    Massive improvements in turning the ship around from old clunky software giant to new and improved business services and technology.

Cons

90% of people wouldn't say CA is Change Always unless it is really true.
    If you work here, you're an idiot. Become a consultant and you are suddenly a genius. TRUST your employees that you hired. They know the company inside and out, not some silly vendor who is only quoting what those of us in the biz tell them on surveys.
    Too many folks at the top don't understand what their teams do every day.
    More time spent on internal presentations about what we need to do instead of DOING what we need to do.
    IT owns everything. If you need a change, hope you get it in 6 months. Even in SaaS apps. Ridiculous. No accountability for IT at all. They operate in 1999 and we all live in the present. Prepare to be frustrated beyond anything you can imagine.
    Impossible to get rid of dead weight, but they manage to lay off top performers every six months. Afraid the dead weight will sue, but those that are awesome lose their jobs simply because we chose to pay for their expertise. Make sure your salary is around the 50% benchmark or you are toast.
    Layers of complexity are compounded by layers of politics.

Take one week each. Travel to your middle teams and sit with one per day. REALLY see what they do for you day in and day out. You will be amazed at the passion, dedication and mountains they climb to get the job done. You will also see how hard daily tasks your admin does for you are to accomplish and how much time they spend on them.

CA

Current Employee - Support Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

CA technologies has talent engineers, friendly work environment, flexible work schedule.

Cons

No job security. upper management keep change their directions.

The rank and file need to see their leadership and be communicated to so that they have assurance

There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies