CA Technologies

www.ca.com
  www.ca.com
There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies

A software company you know will be around in the years to come

I have been working at CA Technologies

Pros

Great Software, Good People, not bad benefits. New Leadership looks to shake up the company.

Cons

Management of people has never been a strength. Company doesn't look at people who have been there long as loyal and capable. The general theme seems that if you have been at the company more than 5 years, you are doing something wrong as you haven't progressed. Company seems to want to bring in new blood from outside the company and not further the careers of the people they arlready have

1014 Other Employee Reviews for CA Technologies (View Most Recent)

Pretty good company but fear of layoffs always looming.

Former Employee - Technical Writer
    Former Employee - Technical Writer

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced environment and great products

Cons

Job security is very low.

First of all please only select appropriately qualified candidates to hold positions of importance.

Restructuring, Layoffs, and Outsourcing was the modus operandi

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefit package with a good salary. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Opportunities to advance and entirely change career path.

Cons

Every year, everyone was susceptible to a layoff. And, almost every year, upper management was constantly changing so the direction and "environment" changed for all departments underneath. I came onboard as part of a merger but actually had to interview for the position before being "hired". I survived 12 years of layoffs and one outsourcing of our jobs for the entire organization I worked in by finding another position within another organization in the company. I didn't survive a second major upper management "takeover" & culling. Many years of excellent performance ratings and, all of a sudden, I'm "underperforming" and no longer needed.

Stop outsourcing US jobs to foreign countries on a consistent basis; Stop restructuring the upper management of the organizations / departments on a yearly/bi-yearly basis; The annual layoffs in May were always very stressful for everyone - too much time, energy, and effort is wasted by the employees and their families wondering if this is the year it is all over. And, last but not least, relevant job training opportunities was abysmal when I was in a "cost center" organization and not much better when I worked in a "profit center" organization. The mandated general courses for all employees ate up much of the supposed training each of us were "allotted" each year such as "SOX Compliance training", etc... but if we were, for example a system administrator, we were never allowed to take an external Linux Administration class - had to learn all of that on our own or through reading books and taking whatever CBTs we could find.

There are newer employer reviews for CA Technologies