CACI International

There are newer employer reviews for CACI International

Good company

Former Employee - Accountant in Ballston Lake, NY
Former Employee - Accountant in Ballston Lake, NY

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

promotions within, take care of people

Cons

sometimes in entry level jobs people are not treated equally depending on your supervisor, even if doing the same job

none

433 Other Employee Reviews for CACI International (View Most Recent)

Bait and Switch

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, but not spectacular; depending on work group schedule can be flexible

Cons

Total bait and switch tactics. I was sold on the position as "remote office/home office" at least a few days a week. The second week I worked there, my manager informed us that no one was to bill any time from home office starting immediately. When I asked about my terms of employment she played dumb...then thinking back on my conversations they were all over the phone...no paper trail as to what was promised. That's a really cheap tactic to use when it comes to employment. Beware of your negotiations in the beginning and ask for EVERYTHING in writing.

Don't let rouge managers promise the world to new hires. It will ultimately result in ill feelings by those new hires.

Always be on the lookout for a different opportunity.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. The medical is really good. You get access to online training and books 24/7.com. If you're looking to move around or get a job which pays per diem, this is an excellent opportunity. Great opportunity for entry level without roots or for empty nesters who can work in another city during the week then come home on the weekends. If you're willing to move or travel, this is really the company for you.

Cons

Unless you live near a big city or military base it's tough to find a different position within the company. You generally don't have the option to "get benched" either you're on a contract or you're out... there's no 2 weeks to find something else either; you're working until the end. While it may say that travel is 25%, expect more. The paperwork is overwhelming if you're farmed out on a contract vs. an office employee. Doesn't automatically provide you with a computer or internet access; you may be using your own phone/computer/internet/supplies even if your contract says it's furnished. Check that your taxes are being paid to your state or you'll end up with a huge bill at the end of the year.

Be honest to your employees. Show them the Statement of Work. Let them know when the contract will be up. Let them know when they've been shifted to a different position even if its just "on the books" or "for billing purposes".

There are newer employer reviews for CACI International