It's OK

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good technical infrastructure - Good work/life balance - Benefits

Cons

- Lack of technical project managers (which results in unrealistic deadlines on project plans) - Lack of communication between program managers and development staff

Advice to Management

- Focus on promoting/hiring project managers who truly understand software development and the SDLC.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall, a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Curtis Bay, MD
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Curtis Bay, MD

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a contractor on-site or in a small satellite office. I had very little time in a CACI headquarters office. Even so, I worked on a team with other CACI employees and had a good experience with them. The people I worked with were knowledgeable, the managers were very competent, efficient, hardworking. The benefits were good.

Cons

Since this is a large company you could feel a little "lost in a crowd". When the contract I was working under was lost due to a re-compete, I tried to find something else in the company. There wasn't anything available at the time, so I was laid-off on the last day of the contract.

Big Company with Big Company Problems

Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits, paid overtime, challenging and interesting work, though does get a little routine at times. Good people for the most part.

Cons

Level of top-down micro-management is on the rise. They're taking away admin privileges on work PC's but we're still expected to perform tasks that will now require constant assistance from SYS-Tech. Work from home is "tolerated" but not really allowed. Even break rooms are being micro-managed with new "green" regulations. Was very happy before; now less so.

Advice to Management

Give employees more freedom and don't let the company turn into a "police state".