There are newer employer reviews for CACI International

CACI has room for many software oriented careers to expand and advance upon.

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Portsmouth, VA
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Great characters and talent in the information systems sector of the company. Plenty of positions are available for mobility around the company in most regions of their headquarters. The management is open to feedback on software methods and workflows from employees.

Cons

Relocation compensation is lacking. As a CMMI-3 corporation there can be excessive paperwork on simple solutions that diminish productivity on other deadlines leading to unnecessary overtime. The companyâ??s outsourced on-line University has lessons that contain errors and sometimes teach bad practices, making it boarder line useless if trying to expand the employee's abilities.

There appears to be a lack of work on projects at times. This down time can be best utilized with training that's superior to the on-line University or the few CMMI based training lessons the project managers pull together.

364 Other Employee Reviews for CACI International (View Most Recent)

Hti or Miss

Current Employee - Principal Programmer Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Programmer Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

So much depends on where and for whom you work. I'm in my second job at CACI. In my current position, recognition, compensation, and potential for advancement are better than I would have ever expected in this company based on my past experience (see below) and other reviews. The people I work with are competent and committed to their work. I don't know how many employees (and perhaps some in management) realize that there are some internal classroom training opportunities (ITIL, PMP, CISSP, and others) that are usually much less expensive than commercially available training. I've taken one and will be taking others. So far it seems comparable to the average commercial training programs.

Cons

My first job with this firm was a nightmare - much like others have written, favoritism and cronyism abounds. Brown nosing the execs pays off big time in compensation and career advancement, and is extremely helpful if youâ??re incompetent. I did get some training (required by the contract), but never what I asked for and needed to do my job.

A firm-wide issue is the review process. I have received and written reviews for many years here and at other companies and canâ??t believe the how little useful information is captured. There is no built-in process to contest or even comment on your review. You only acknowledge you discussed it by email. You can add comments in the email, though itâ??s neither mentioned nor encouraged (in my experience). I have no idea who would even read it. It really feels like the whole process exists solely to â??check the boxâ?.

Growth through M&A has created lots of fiefdoms that don't really consider themselves to be part of CACI except in name. The M&A process should do more to bring them into the fold. This needs to be an ongoing effort, perhaps through some kind of social media effort. I imagine the ability to connect and share knowledge internally is not just good for morale - it could also improve the bottom line.

Good if you have a clearance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

The company has pretty good starting salaries. They have great work force management that strives to place employees in positions that better suit long term career goals. Upper management is making a strong push in the areas of knowledge management and employee coaching/mentoring

Cons

If you do not have a security clearance, mobility and marketability are hard to come by.

Ensure that those individuals filling managerial positions for the first time are equipped to take on the responsibilities that come with the position.

There are newer employer reviews for CACI International