Network Engineer

Former Employee - Network Engineer
Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. I was not micro managed with my job and I really enjoyed working for them until the contract ended. I hope CACI is awarded more contracts in my region because I would definitely work for them again.

Cons

I had no problems with CACI at all. They treated me well. In my opinion there were no major cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat the staff fairly as you currently do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Program Manager/Technical Lead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the most senior levels and on the board there are some truly great leaders with high standards and a great track record. Unfortunately due to some not so great leadership at the executive levels much of the message is lost, destroyed or ignored. Despite the commoditized employee environment the company still manages to retain some truly great people at the technical level. If your in an individual performer position (non-manager) your pretty much left alone to do your work. which can be great given the current stress in the federal markets. Benefits are decent, although recent changes (as a result of the market) have weakened the offerings.

Cons

Every employee is just a number and if your contract ends so does your employment. There is very little effort to help place employees after they lose coverage regardless of whether they are a performer. There are tools in place to help find something in the company but your only real chance is if you are well connected and can pave your own way to something else. The growth strategy is illogical and seems to defy the market and any internal strategies of how to get there. It feels like the senior management is flying blind and only looking out for themselves. At the management level it certainly appears like the employee and customer receive the least attention from corporate and are not high priority. It would appear that the current focus is on the shareholders which is eroding away future prospects. Very little opportunity for career growth, many managers hold their people back and the company has made a point over the last two years to look outside for executive positions. This is not a company that you can hire on, bust your tail and work your way up the chain.

Advice to Management

It's important to balance strategy with the market and make decisions that consider the long term impacts. Ignoring the customer and treating your employees like a commodity has devastating long term effects. Make the hard decisions, temper the board's expectations in difficult market areas and work with your performing level teams to develop a long lasting customer relationship. Your losing the faith of many customers by being too internally focused. Your strong employees are also discouraged by the pressure to do what seems illogical (given the market) especially in the absence of a executable strategy at the working levels.

Comfortable Place to Work with Limited Advancement Opportunities for Attorneys

Former Employee - Senior Paralegal in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Paralegal in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work is acknowledged with praise. It seems well ingrained in the culture for managers to recognize and to say thank you for a job well done.

Cons

Though there are opportunities for JDs and attorneys, hired as paralegals, to advance to project management positions, there are rarely opportunities to advance to an attorney position.

Advice to Management

None. The positions staffed seemed appropriate to the contracted tasks and the culture of recognizing good work was appreciated.