Plateau

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good working environment, great team mates, good work-life balance. Team oriented, people oriented.

Cons

Heavy on mid-management, made it tough to get ahead. I understand this has improved and the company has streamlined.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

CACI fails across the board because of an outdated top down management structure that is not properly focused.

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not too many these days.

Cons

Very little career opportunities or advancement - nepotism is rampant and the crony club at the top makes it a very unhealthy environment.

Advice to Management

Consider devoting more resources towards the worker bees in the organization and quit thinking so short term on infrastructure upgrades, bonuses, career advancement, etc... your outdated decision making and general mismanagement will not help stop the bleeding that is currently choking profits. Take a time out and get your house in order before buying another company in a failing segment.

2. Dominant Government Contracting Agency

Former Contractor - Network Engineer, Lead
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer, Lead

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This company roles with force and gets winning contracts seeming effortlessly. The company is willing to move it's people around for work/contracts and you can have a position if you are willing to move every few years. There is also a good chance that your initial contract will be funded for numerous years as well. The company seems to believe in training employees as well. When the going is good then it is good.

Cons

Treats employees like herded cattle with little to no foresight on the future plans unless you are in the management groups. We had a direct regional manager come to our location and tell us in person that our jobs were safe and the very next week people were laid off due to the government sequestration which was one our biggest concerns that prompted the regional director to come talk to us. When money is lost on a contract then things are rough.

Advice to Management

Overall I didn't think CACI was a bad company but it didn't seem personable at all. Try to change the feeling from a typical contracting company environment to a more personal feel. I'm sure that the headquarters and branch offices have that type of feel but if you are a contractor at a customer location then the feeling is not the same.